It's a scary, chemical polluted world out there; one that my son, Kellan, will one day have to venture out into. I intend to make his world a little greener by taking easy, little baby steps.


Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Vision

I believe that the success of a blog lies in honesty. In order to be completely honest for my readers, I plan on writing entries that have personal stuff in them where I share my hopes, fears, and dreams.

This is one of those entries.

I have a vision for this world; one that many have told me will never come true. I'm hoping I can prove them wrong.

The world as it is now is a mess. It is this way because no one cares or cares enough to fix it. Mankind, as a whole, is lazy. We'd rather take what is given to us than to fight for something better. We'd rather stand idle and complain about the current state of things than ever attempting to try and change them.

In the way of a green lifestyle, why do we have to GO green? Why can't everything and everyone just BE green? Known carcinogens are still on the market; foods irradiated and stripped of all their nutrients are being fed to us, our children, our pets. There shouldn't be "alternatives"; all of our food should be organic! Everything we eat should be pure and wholesome and not tampered with! We shouldn't have to be afraid of what our children are chewing on! What chemicals we're possibly putting on their skin! We are being POISONED every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every YEAR of our lives!! Why?! Why does it have to be this way? I could understand if we had no choice, but we have choices. We have everything we need to be healthy. With proven alternatives to these poisons and chemicals, WHY are they still available? And not only are they still available, but all the healthy and clean alternatives are in the minority!

I don't understand.

I just want Kellan to be healthy. I don't want him to have to struggle to bring his kids up green, as I am for him. I want Kellan to live in a healthy world that is at peace.

I think my biggest obstacle is that I want to make people care. I can't make them care, and it breaks my heart. I'm in shock how some people can not care. How people can walk by a polluted river without worrying about the wildlife. How some can see the destruction a nuclear accident can cause and not consider how their neighborhood would look, disintegrating before their eyes.

How can we read about how nitrates are known carcinogens and yet still purchase and consume bacon and lunch meats? How come we know that pesticides are toxic, yet we still feed these foods which are BATHED in them to our growing children? We are diapering our kids in fibers that are bleached, and soaked in chemicals which emit fumes KNOWN to cause and contribute to asthma! WE are making ourselves sick. WE are killing our future, in every sense of the word.

Why?
Because we don't care.
The people we trust to run our nation and supply our food and produce our necessities- they don't care.
Cost takes precedent over health.
I want to stop this.
I want to leave this earth knowing I did something to save it.
I want Kellan to breathe fresh air, to eat foods that aren't altering his DNA, to wear clothes that aren't full of chemicals that are absorbed through the skin, to drink clean water, to STOP contributing to this earth's demise.

There are enough things that people can die from- sickness, lack of food and water, inadequate clothing and shelter, natural disasters....
Why, oh why, do we have to kill ourselves? Each other?

My vision is a beautiful, wholesome planet. It's simple enough. It's better for us. We just have to WANT it.
As soon as everyone wants it, we can have it because we can make it that way.

Won't you help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment