It's a scary, chemical polluted world out there; one that my son, Kellan, will one day have to venture out into. I intend to make his world a little greener by taking easy, little baby steps.


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Update on current projects.

Sorry about the lapse in entries, guys. With mother's day and wedding planning, I have been super busy!

Any who, I'd just like to keep you posted on some projects I'm working on.

I'm researching my next entry on greener cleaners; found some recipes and will be trying them out and giving reviews. I'm working on all that cleaning today, so that entry should be out soon! And as a little tid bit, making your own greener cleaners is CHEAPER than buying the toxic traditional cleaners! :)

Another project I'm currently working on is starting my own organic garden. Now, I live in a 3rd floor apartment, so I don't currently have access to actual land, but I have been looking into crops that are easily grown and kept in large pots and window planters, being that I have a huge porch! I know this will be useful to some of you busy mommies! It saves money and getting the kids involved will teach them vital life skills. I plan on beginning this project later in the week; already have all the materials, just making sure my technique is juuuust right ;)

I have also started a spice garden today; this will be an upcoming entry because I'm sure most of you are unaware that you're cooking with and consuming irradiated spices. I realize that not all spices are native to this area, so I will also give you some tips on what to look for when purchasing spices to ensure you're buying the healthiest stuff for you and yours :)

Lastly, I have a green pets entry in the workings. If any of you know me, Beanie, my cat, is my firstborn. ;) With small switches I've made, I have noticed huge differences in her coat, temperament, etc. I also found that more companies are producing green litter products, one of which I purchased and am trying out once this next litter box is ripe- very exciting!

Thanks for being patient, readers! I hope to have the greener cleaner entry out by tonight or tomorrow night the latest!

But while you're waiting- Comment and give me some feedback.
What kind of things would you like to learn about?
Is there anything you'd change about this blog?
And any other input in general.

Can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment